Troy and I went to a Chicago Blackhawks game tonight - my first hockey game ever. And, I have to say that after only one game I've now been converted to a fan. We had a blast. Go Blackhawks!
Things I learned:
- Hockey has periods, not quarters, halves, etc., and there are three of them
- They can catch the puck with their hands - had no idea!
- A lot of sticks get broken throughout the game
- And this I already knew, but there is a lot of fighting! I lost count of how many we saw.
- Hockey has "Ice Girls" similar to cheerleaders in football, basketball, etc.
- I am absolutely NOT good at action shots
We sat 8 rows behind the glass and had fantastic seats! Unfortunately, being right behind the glass does not allow for great photos.
Extra Leg: (figure it out for yourselves)