Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 110

Hey All! Hope everyone is having a fantastic Tuesday.
Ok, I have a bit of a bone to pick. I saw a commercial tonight that literally stopped me in my tracks (I was pacing while on a conference call). I'm hoping by now that everyone knows that this is Earth Week. A time to celebrate this world that we live in and educate others as to how to keep our planet beautiful. Soooo.....you can imagine my shock when I saw this. C'mon, people!



And now on to the blog - I felt that the detour was well justified. I'm going to keep with the green theme though. I used a filter to create the top photo (polar coordinates). I was just playing around with different distortion filters and like the way this one turned out. Kind of reminds me of a planet made of trash. And, probably not far off from a future outlook if we don't all do our part to take care of what we have. The bottom photo is the original.

Trashy Planet:


Trash:

3 comments:

Oma said...

Yep cut more trees down to make more paper towels. I kind of thought the same thing when I saw the commercial! But......I do like the distorted photo!

Troy said...

No kidding. The commercial pissed me off too.

Bridget Kult said...

We're all on the same page! That commercial irritated me too. But this is a world of convenience and people are too selfish and don't care about the planet they will leave behind to their children, grandchildren, etc...

Ok, rant finished. :)