Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 119

It’s been a LONG day. Started out jumping out of bed after realizing I had snoozed the alarm for an hour and a half!! I know, I know. Then off to work, albeit a little sleepy still. It was a great day at work. The first day in as long as I can remember that I didn’t have one meeting during work hours. It’s amazing (not surprising however) how much work I can get done when I don’t spend my day on conference calls and sitting in meetings. I rushed home to make a 6:00 call (what? I said DURING work hours), threw some stuff in a suitcase, ate an apple and hopped in the car.
We decided this afternoon (because, really what’s the point in rushing into a decision?) to head back to Iowa for the weekend. Mainly to see my little cousin get married (Congrats Heather!!!) and because we hadn’t made it back home since Christmas we were due.

Soooo……Howdy, from the World’s Biggest Truck Stop. No seriously, that’s where we are. And because I’ve made this damn commitment I’m here at midnight taking pictures while the occasional trucker with his 44oz Mt. Dew, 7 day old facial hair, and toothpick between his lips walks by and gives me a look that clearly says “What the hell are you doing?”

Nothing says Iowa like a Deere. No editing on this as I’m writing from the car and the new mac. I don’t have PS on it (yet!) and I didn’t want to drag two computers along with me.

Deere at Truck Stop:

3 comments:

Bridget Kult said...

Appropriate!

Ashlea's journey said...

just a quick note to let you know we enjoy looking at your photo gallery.

Deidra Haigh said...

Thanks Rita and Ashlea!