Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 40

SNOW!!!!! Went to bed last night with no snow on the ground. Going to bed tonight with close to 10 inches. Worse yet, there's absolutely no end in site. I can't wait to wade through it in the morning. Ugh.

Sooo.....tonight's post is about, you guessed it, snow. If you can't beat it, move. If you can't move, photograph it. I added a b&w layer in photoshop. This was taken at night and I was avoiding flash so it turned out slightly out of focus.

Snow Tree:


I'm also including another shot for fun tonight. I'm trying to learn the panning technique, but I think the situation really calls for a mono/tripod. Plus, this shot was taken in less than ideal lighting conditions so any hand movement really affected the shot. As you can see, rather than having the bicycler in focus, he's blurry as well. On an unrelated note, I have no idea why this individual thought it would be a good idea to ride a bike in a blizzard.

Snow Biker:

2 comments:

Oma said...

HA HA yea I saw one of those in Grinnell too!!! Can we say duh....

Love the tree photo. Hope there will be another snow photo tonight - maybe with the boys?

W said...

You mean we get to send requests? On the biker think you stumbled onto a neat effect! Keep up the good work.